1 Whole Chicken – Brined & Roast
8 leaves Romaine Lettuce
1 Cup Mayo
1 Stalk Celery
¼ Cup Red Onion
¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dill
1 Tablespoon Parsley
2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Mustard
All Chicken Dripping
2 Cups beef stock
½ Cup onion
- Make a saltwater brine by mixing ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of hot water – let cool.
- Place a whole chicken in a large freezer bag and add brine. Let it rest for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat skin dry with a paper towel.
- Rub with skin with salt.
- Roast in a deep dish pan in the oven for approximately 60 minutes until cooked.
- Reserve juices, let chicken cool and peel off skin reserving on the side.
- Shred chicken in a bowl and return skin to oven on a baking sheet until crispy (about 10 mins).
- Mix mayo, diced celery, red onion, bell pepper, dill, parsley, lemon juice and mustard.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- In a medium pot, add 1 tablespoon of chicken dripping, onion and cook until browned.
- Add the rest of the cooking juices and stock. Simmer until thick.
- Fill lettuce cups with chicken mix, top with chicken skin and gravy.
➡ Nutritional Information:
Carbs: 5.7g (7.04%)
Net Carbs: 4g (4.94%)
Protein: 19.2g (23.70%)
Fat: 56.1g (69.26%)
Total Weight: 81g