- 4 cups Dessicated Coconut (320g) finely shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- Add 3 cups of dessicated coconut to the food processor and begin processing. After 3-4 minutes it will start to process down and look a little sparse, that’s when you can add the remaining cup of dessicated coconut in.
- Continue to process, as it starts to form into clumps, add the coconut oil as the machine is running and keep processing until it forms a liquid.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides when needed.
- It will take around 12-15 minutes in total to get to the liquid consistency.
- Once it has reached a liquid consistency in the food processor (as pictured in the blog post), it will still have a grainy texture, this is completely fine and it’s fine to use exactly as is. However, if you want it to be completely smooth, you can move it to your blender at this stage and blend it for a minute or so to get it completely smooth.
- Store sealed in a jar at room temperature, it will tend to harden, stand the jar in a bowl of hot water to let it melt, stir well and it will be ready to use. Lasts at least 2 weeks.
- This recipe makes around 1 and ¼ cups of coconut butter.
Serving: 1Tbsp | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.7g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 11.7g | Saturated Fat: 10.8g | Sodium: 5mg | Fiber: 2.6g | Sugar: 1.1g