For the Chicken
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or about 2-3 medium chicken breasts
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz baby Bella mushrooms
1/4 cup onion minced
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or light cream, or half & half)
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh herb of choice optional
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper; sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Return chicken along with its juices to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with pasta, rice, salad, or veggies.
➡ Nutritional Information: