- 1 cup Rolled Oats (90g)
- 4 cups Water (960ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup Optional
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract Optional
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until well blended. Don’t blend for more than 1 minute.
- Strain through a nut milk bag or a tea towel.
- Store the milk in the fridge where it will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Shake it well before use.
- Use in your tea or coffee or pour over cereal.
- Don’t soak your oats first, I found this caused sliminess, no matter how much they were rinsed.
- Don’t overblend as it can also cause the oats to become slimy. You shouldn’t need to blend for more than a minute.
- Don’t heat the milk as it causes it to get very thick and clumpy. It can be added to hot drinks like tea and coffee though.
- This recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free rolled oats.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.9g | Protein: 2.9g | Fat: 1.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 150mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 6.3g