For the Homemade Croutons:
- 1/2 Loaf Bread Sturdy type of bread, slightly stale
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (60ml) plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
For the Salad:
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce Finely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 Recipe Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the bread into squares. Add the olive oil, salt, oregano and basil to a large bowl. Add in the bread cubes and toss so that they are all lightly coated. Transfer to a parchment lined baking tray. Drizzle on a little extra olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning over once halfway. If the croutons are not yet crispy enough after 15 minutes, leave them in for a few minutes longer.
- While the croutons are baking, chop up your romaine lettuce and parsley and add to a salad bowl with the vegan parmesan cheese.
- When the croutons are nice and crispy, add them to the salad bowl and toss together. Serve in a salad bowl or on a salad platter, topped with vegan caesar dressing.
- If you prefer not to make your own croutons, you can just use a store-bought variety. The quantity does not have to be exact for this recipe, so you could just eyeball it for the right amount of croutons for the salad if you are going with a store-bought option.
- Nutritional information is for the salad only and does not include the vegan caesar dressing. Nutritional information for the dressing can be found on that separate linked recipe.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.5g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 16.3g | Saturated Fat: 2.1g | Sodium: 425mg | Fiber: 4.6g | Sugar: 3.5g