For the Salad:
- 2 Medium Stalks Celery
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Small Cucumbers
- 20 Green Olives
For the Pasta:
- 16 ounces Bowtie Pasta (450g) Dry Weight, or Penne, Shells, Elbow, Fusilli
For the Sesame Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- Fresh Parsley for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the celery, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, spring onions and cucumber. Cut the cherry tomatoes and olives in half.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari, maple syrup, crushed garlic and dried basil and oregano to a jug and mixing together.
- When the pasta is cooked, rinse and drain it and add to a serving dish. Then pile on all the raw veggies on top and mix in together.
- Pour over the dressing and combine.
- Then add the vegan mayonnaise (optional) and mix together.
- Keep covered in the fridge where it will keep perfectly well for a few days.
- Mayonnaise: The amount of mayonnaise you use just depends on how creamy you want it to be. Mix in ¼ cup first and then see if you’d like to add more.
- Gluten-free: To make this salad gluten-free simply use a gluten-free pasta and use a gluten-free soy sauce or switch for tamari.
- Nutritional information includes ¼ cup of vegan mayonnaise.
- This recipe was first published in October 2016.
Serving: 1Serve | Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 15.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.3g | Sodium: 703mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 10.9g